TRY Blogging

toothpaste for dinner

Friday, November 18, 2011

StarGazer

"...and that is Orion, the hunter constellation.", said Stargazer to me. I smiled at the glow of her eyes. So badly I wanted to quote Longfellow saying his lines,
“Down fell the red skin of the lion
Into the river at his feet.
His mighty club no longer beat
The forehead of the bull; but he
Reeled as of yore beside the sea,
When blinded by Oenopion
He sought the blacksmith at his forge,
And climbing up the narrow gorge,
Fixed his blank eyes upon the sun.”
But couldn't recall the lines.
My eyes were fixated at the curves of her lips, spellbounded by her mesmerizing voice won't deviate in the blank and help me remind about Orion. She was talking stars and I knew them well but still something hold me back and I wanted her to talk forever. I wanted the air surrounding us to freeze the time. I wanted that musky, dreamy evening to last forever. My eyes betrayed me for her dark hair locks. I wanted to see the Orion in her eyes for millions and millions of centuries. Her eyes shining brighter than any other star in the sky. O God those eyes!!!
I wanted her to do another spell and bind the time.
But I guess time is a greater magii than StarGazer. I am counting on You, O Time.

0 comments: